Good morning, everyone. Today, I want to tell victims that being the object of bullying does not mean that they are failures and it does not mean that they have to give up. Remember that bullies are not only cowards, they’re also liars. Bullies only want to convince you that you are nothing and that you will never amount to anything because they are actually very much afraid that you WILL amount to something. So why not use them as motivation?
Here are ways that you can survive bullying and keep your self-esteem from tanking:
- Practice and display any talents that you have. Remember that bullies feed off of your fear. Do not be afraid to show off your talents and receive praise for those talents. And when you do receive praise, never downplay that praise by putting yourself down. You are a victim and you already have enough people who put you down. So, why on Earth would you want to help them??? Accept the praises with a gracious and warm “thank you” and you will be received well by others.
- Spend time with those you love and who love you the most. Capture as many happy and memorable moments with these people as possible.
- Take care of yourself. Groom and dress the best you possibly can. It is often said that when we look our best, we FEEL our best! So take great pride in your appearance! Groom and dress yourself in a way that makes YOU feel good!
- If a great opportunity comes your way, TAKE IT! When your self-esteem has been battered by bullies, self doubt can rear it’s ugly head, making it all too easy to turn down opportunities for fear of failure. Never let low self-esteem cause you to miss opportunities which may better your life. If you are ever in doubt about a task, do it anyway. You might be surprised at how you excel at it!
- Do the things you enjoy the most. Most people have hobbies they enjoy and get fulfillment from. Continue those hobbies, even when your bullies say those hobbies are stupid. My bullies always thought my singing and writing was either stupid or a ploy to get attention. It wasn’t. I did them because I got fulfillment from them. Continue your hobbies. You never know when a hobby just might turn into a job that you will enjoy for life…and get paid very handsomely for.
- Smile, even when you don’t feel like it. This pisses bullies off because the last thing they want is to see you happy and enjoying life. Also, a smile always increases your attractiveness by leaps and bounds.
If you are a victim of bullying, there’s no better time to do whatever it takes to stay happy and fulfilled. Gather as many successful and happy moments as humanly possible.
Wishing you all a very blessed day!