I know you’re scratching your head on this one. “Why,” you ask. It’s because they taught me things I never would’ve learned otherwise. And they showed me things that, although weren’t pleasant, were things I would need to know later.
1. They showed me the kind of person I never wanted to be and still never want to be.
2. They showed me the ugliest side of human nature.
3. They showed me the level of evil humans are capable of.
4. They showed me the types of people I don’t need nor want in my life.
5. They showed me the types of people to always avoid.
6. They showed me what signs to watch out for.
7. They gave me the determination to love myself and to go after what I want in life.
8. They molded me into a good judge of character.
9. They taught me the value of true, genuine friendships and to take no one for granted.
Yes. Although they were brutal people, and none of the bullying they dished out was fun by any stretch of the imagination, my bullies in school taught me all these things. And I hold these takeaways close to my heart today.
It’s hard to look for the silver lining while people are bullying you. However, once you get away from your bullies and the torment is over, not only do you regain a renewed sense of hope, but you also see so much clearer the lessons in what you had to endure.
With knowledge comes empowerment!