Many bullied kids (and adults) are committing suicide. This should hit home with many people because the suicide rate among bullied kids and teens is astronomical! It certainly hits home with me because I attempted suicide at age fourteen after being bullied for several years.
Therefore, I wrote, “From Victim to Victor: A Survivor’s True Story of Her Experiences with School Bullying” to tell my story and encourage today’s youth. I survived, and things got much better once I left that toxic learning environment I was bullied in.
I want the bullied children and teens of today to know these truths:
1.They can overcome and move on to a better life.
2. School is only one chapter of their lives, not the entire book.
3. There are better ways to handle bullying other than taking your own life.
4. They must love themselves and be themselves regardless of what others think.
5. They are just as good as anyone else, regardless of what they’re told.
6. They can do anything they put their minds to if they believe in themselves.
7. They must educate themselves about bullies, their mindsets, their tactics, and the damage they can do.
8. They must recognize the beginning symptoms of low self-esteem and find ways to fight it.
9. They must realize that if bullies take their confidence, then bullies can alter the course of their lives.
10. They have more power than they know.
11. Confidence is the key to a better and more rewarding life.
If you’re a target of bullying, I urge you to hold your head high and keep the faith. Stay true to your own heart and follow your dreams. Know that it won’t last forever and one day soon, things are going to change for the better! I guarantee it!
With knowledge comes empowerment!