Any time a target gets tired of the abuse and calls a bully’s bluff. The bully will more than likely justify their behavior to others. Here is a list of the most famous statements you’re likely to hear, from most popular to least.
1. “She’s crazy.” or “She’s unstable.”
2. “He’s just mad because I called him out!”
3. “She’s so fake.”
4. “She’s too sensitive.” “She’s overreacting.”
5. “He’s a crybaby.”
6. “She doesn’t want to admit when she’s wrong.”
7. “I was just trying to help you.”
8. “She’s just jealous of me because of…”
Always listen to your gut feeling- it will always tell you the truth. If something doesn’t feel good, your gut will tell you. Remember that the sensations of the body never lie. You should expect bullies to act this way when you finally assert yourself; it only goes to show what kinds of people they are- and who you should avoid.
With knowledge comes empowerment!