I’ve mentioned before that bullies seem to have a taste for the best people when they select their targets. They go for the people with hearts of gold, people who are intelligent, who are cooperative with authority, and those who have an unwavering moral compass and a sense of fair play and justice.
There are reasons bullies target these outstanding people:
1. Bullies experience anyone else’s goodness as their inferiority.
2. In these targets, they see their imperfections and flaws reflected back at them.
3. Bullies know that they’re most likely to be rejected by these people.
4. Bullies know if they tried to manipulate these people, they wouldn’t get very far.
5. Bullies instinctively know that these people are smart and would likely see through their manipulations, mind games, and facades.
Realize that the best people know themselves. And to know yourself is to trust yourself and know lies and abuse when you see them. This is why people who are “the best” are a huge threat to bullies and abusers.