Let’s face it, some things and some people aren’t worth your time and energy. Sadly, many targets of bullying bend over backwards trying to get others to like them but only accomplish the exact opposite- they only end up repelling more and more people.
Realize that, although they may be painful to detach from, certain things and people in life just aren’t worth fighting for. And these people are:
1. People who bully and abuse you
2. People who are jealous of your successes and accomplishments
3. People who don’t reciprocate the love and care you give them- people who take and never give.
4. People who don’t value you nor see your worth.
5. People who are negative and drain the energy from you.
6. People you feel like you must force conversations with.
7. People you feel like you must force to stay in your life.
8. People you have to try so hard to prove your worth to.
Trust me, you have nothing to prove to these morons and they’re not worth it! And they don’t deserve the privilege of being in your life. Stop giving them things they haven’t earned- they haven’t even earned your respect, must less your friendship, time, and energy! Kick these creeps to the curb! Fast!
Realize that you can’t force people to love you. People love you because they want to, not because they feel obligated to.
Let me break it down some more:
1.If you have people in your life who make you feel that you must explain to them why you do things the way you do, get rid of them, they’re only dead weight that holds you back from the life you deserve to enjoy.
2. If you have people who say they’re for you but only discourage you from your goals- people who always tell you that you can’t, give them the boot because, again, they’re only trying to brainwash you to hold you back for achieving your goals so that they won’t end up feeling so bad about themselves.
3. If you have people who only pretend to be your friends but really aren’t- people who talk about you behind your back, laugh at you with other people, or make little digs to make you feel bad, tell these people to take a walk because with friends like those, you don’t need enemies!
Realize that when you move on, you cease to be controlled, manipulated, and victimized. You put these people right where they need to be, in the trash heap of life. Hey, I know that being friendless sucks, but I promise you that it won’t last long.
Know that when you get rid of the people who don’t value you, you only increase your own value and attract better people into your life in the future.
Instead of fighting to maintain relationships with people who aren’t worth peeing on, much less fighting for, cut ties with them and move on with your life. Move on and power through the pain and loneliness.
Whatever you do, just get rid of these people and move on. You’ll feel much better about yourself when you do. I promise!